Lip gloss is one of those things that you love and hate at the same time. It makes your lips look great, but it’s so hard to get off. If you’ve ever worn red lip gloss and gotten it on your favorite jeans, don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Getting the lip gloss out of the jeans is a relatively simple process. Quickly treat with rubbing alcohol, dishwashing detergent, Oxiclean, vinegar, Goo Gone, WD-40, and liquid detergent and you’ll be able to remove it from your jeans.
How to Get Lip Gloss Out of Jeans
1. Gather supplies.
Before you can get rid of the lip gloss, you’ll need to gather supplies. Some of the items may be in your home already.
Here’s what you need:
- Liquid detergent remover (such as Shout)
- Paper towels or a rag you don’t mind getting stained with liquid remover and soap suds (you could also use a soft brush just for this purpose)
- A clean toothbrush (for applying soap suds)
2. Blot with a paper towel or cloth.
- Blot the stain with a clean paper towel or cloth. You don’t want to rub the lip gloss into the fabric, so just dab it lightly until the moisture has been absorbed. If the stain is still there after blotting, repeat this process once more before moving on to the next step.
3. Apply the liquid detergent remover.
To remove the stain, apply the liquid detergent remover to the stained area and allow it to penetrate for a few minutes. Then, use a toothbrush or another scrubbing tool to gently work at removing any remaining lipstick from your jeans. If needed, repeat this step until you’ve gotten rid of all traces of lipstick on your jeans.
After you’ve finished cleaning up the stain, blot dry with a cloth or paper towel until no more moisture remains on top of it before putting them back into their proper place in your closet!
3. Scrub with a clean toothbrush.
Use a clean toothbrush to gently scrub at the stain. If it’s a blush or cream-based product, you can use any type of soft bristles brush (a makeup brush will also work). Be sure to be gentle when scrubbing as jeans are made from cotton and will tear easily if you’re too aggressive with your scrubbing. Wash in the hottest water the denim can tolerate.
5. Repeat if necessary.
If you’re still seeing a stain, repeat the process. If there is still a stain afterward, try a different detergent or alternative stain remover. If this does not work, try another method on the list until your jeans are no longer stained.
How do you get lip gloss out of clothes that have been washed and dried?
If you’re dealing with a lip gloss stain on clothes that have already been washed and dried, there are a few things to try.
Try rubbing the area with a soft toothbrush or cloth dipped in warm water. You can also place the garment under running water and rub it gently with your fingers. This may loosen the stain enough to be able to pick it out. If it doesn’t work, there are other methods that can help.
How do you get Vaseline lip balm out of clothes?
- Wash the stained clothes with warm water.
- Use a stain remover, or rub the fabric with a bar of soap.
- Apply vinegar to the stained area, then rinse well and wash as usual.
Does OxiClean remove lipstick?
Yes. OxiClean is a great stain remover, so it will work to get that lip gloss out of your clothes. This will help break down some of the lip gloss so that it can be washed away more easily when you are doing laundry with your regular detergent.
Can vinegar remove lipstick stains?
Vinegar is a natural cleaner that’s made from fermented alcohol and water. It also has some other ingredients like acetic acid and tartaric acid. The mild acid of vinegar removes stains by breaking down the proteins in fabric and other materials, which is what makes it possible for you to remove lipstick from clothes.
How do you get lipstick out of clothes without washing?
In order to get lipstick out of clothes without washing them, you can try using a stain remover. You can also use a damp cloth to remove the stain.
A good way to clean up the stained area is by using a stain remover on the area where the lipstick was applied.
- Apply cold water to it and dab with a gentle motion until all remnants have been removed before drying in warm sunlight or by machine washing with warm water (not hot) and detergent (or liquid soap).
How do you remove lipstick from clothes quickly?
- You can use a dryer sheet to remove lipstick stains from your clothes.
- A paper towel can also be used to remove lipstick stains from your clothes.
- If you have no dryer sheets or paper towels on hand, try using a metal spoon instead!
- A hairdryer can also be used if none of the above methods worked for you!
Hopefully, you now feel more confident about tackling this situation if it ever happens to you. Ultimately, the most important thing is that we learn from our experiences and keep trying new things until we find something that works for us and that definitely includes getting rid of lip gloss stains.