Hot Cheeto stains are a tough stain to get out of the carpet. Hot Cheetos are delicious and can be found at nearly any grocery store, but they also leave a big mess when you eat them.
Hot Cheetos stain carpeting in a similar manner as chocolate does: by leaving behind a dark brown residue. In this case, though, instead of cocoa powder, the stain is caused by hot oil from the Cheetos.
If you have hot Cheeto stains on the carpet, here’s what to do:
Does Hot Cheeto Stain Carpets?
Yes, Hot Cheetos do stain carpets and can leave you with a permanent stain if not removed immediately.
Are Hot Cheeto Stains Permanent on Carpets?
Hot Cheetos are delicious and tasty, but they can leave behind a permanent stain on your carpet if left untreated. Many people think that hot-Cheeto stains on their carpets are only temporary, but this is not true.
Can Hot Cheeto Stain Be Removed From Carpet?
The good news is that hot Cheeto stains can be removed from most types of fabrics including carpeting, clothing, furniture, and more.
Hot Cheetos stains can be removed from carpets with baking soda and water, rubbing alcohol, and vinegar, but it takes a lot of effort.
How to Get Hot Cheeto Stains Out of Carpet
- Remove as much of the stain as possible with an enzyme-based stain remover.
- Pour a little bit of vinegar on the stain and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Then, vacuum up the excess liquid.
- Scrub with a small brush or an old toothbrush until all traces of the red goo is gone from your carpet’s surface.
- Next, use a neutralizer product like Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover or Bissell Pet Odor & Stain Remover to completely remove any remaining stains left behind by the Cheetos you ate while they were still warm.
- Pour 3 cups of club soda into a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar (either white or cider).
- Mix it up with your fingers until all of the club soda has dissolved in the mixture.
- Apply this mixture directly to the stain and let it sit on top for about 30 minutes before wiping it away with paper towels or a rag dampened with water.
Baking soda and vinegar are the best methods for getting those hot Cheetos stains out of the carpet.
- Mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water in a spray bottle, then apply it to the affected area.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off.
- Let it sit for about an hour or until all the excess moisture has been absorbed by the carpet fibers
- Then vacuum up any remaining powder with a vacuum attachment or hand vacuuming tool. The baking soda will help neutralize the acidity of the Cheetos, which is what causes the stain.
You can use hydrogen peroxide to remove the hot Cheeto stains from your carpet. Hydrogen peroxide is an effective stain remover, especially when it comes to removing hot Cheeto stains.
- If you have hot Cheeto stains on your carpet, you can use hydrogen peroxide to get them out.
- Just mix a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with some warm water and apply it to the stain.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub the area clean with an old toothbrush or a nylon scrub sponge.
The first thing to do is make sure you’ve got hand washing detergent in the car. If you don’t, grab some from home and use them on your stained carpet.
Most hand wash detergents are designed for use on clothes and not carpets, but there are some exceptions. If you’re using the wrong kind of detergent, the stain will just set into your carpet.
Follow these steps:
1. Spray the handwashing detergent onto a white cloth, then apply it to the hot Cheeto stain on your carpet. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then vacuum up any excess dirt with a brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
2. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times until you’ve removed all traces of the stain. Then follow up with a carpet freshener if desired to make sure it’s completely gone.
If your carpet doesn’t come clean with hand washing detergent alone, then use rubbing alcohol on it instead. Rubbing alcohol is a much stronger cleaning agent than plain old water and will help remove any stains that have already been set into your carpeting.
Rubbing alcohol won’t remove all of those dark spots though. You may need to repeat the process a few times if they aren’t fully gone after one application of rubbing alcohol.