Oobleck is a science experiment that involves squishing together water and cornstarch to form a gooey substance. It can be used for everything from playing fun board games to cleaning your car.
The only problem is that its kind of disgusting to clean up after you’re done playing with it.
Fortunately, there are several ways to clean oobleck out of carpet without any special equipment or chemicals. Here’s how:
Does Oobleck Wash Out of Carpet?
Yes, Oobleck can be washed out of the carpet. If you have an Oobleck spill, use a damp mop or sponge to dab up the liquid. Then vacuum the area.
If you’re dealing with a larger amount of oobleck, sprinkle baking soda over the spilled oobleck and let it sit for about 10 minutes before vacuuming.
Is Oobleck Easy to Clean?
Oobleck is easy to clean off of most surfaces because it has little texture or shape when it dries out completely.
The best way to clean oobleck off of carpet is by simply using a damp cloth or sponge with water and vinegar or rubbing alcohol until all traces of the oobleck are gone.
Is Oobleck Toxic?
Oobleck is a non-toxic, non-flammable, and non-hazardous material that comes in different colors. It is made by combining corn starch and water and then adding a little bit of salt.
This mixture can then be used to create sculptures and art from almost anything.
How to Clean Oobleck Out of Carpet
Water and vinegar
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar to make a spray.
- You can add a few drops of dish soap if you have them.
- Put the mixture in a squirt bottle and spray it onto the stain.
- Make sure that you completely cover the stain with the mixture. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then blot up any excess liquid with paper towels or cloths.
- Once all of the water has been absorbed, vacuum up any remaining liquid using an upright vacuum cleaner or an attachment that can reach down low under furniture.
- First, let the Oobleck sit on the carpet for a while. This will help it to dry completely inside the carpet fibers and remove any excess moisture.
- Use a brush to loosen the stain out.
- Run a vacuum over it.